3 Men Die, 2 Others Hospitalized from Suspected Carbon Monoxide Exposure at Michigan Country Music Festival

July 17, 2021, 7:08 PM

Three men were found dead Saturday and two others were hospitlized in serious condition from suspected carbon monoxide exposure at a campground at the Faster Horses Festival in Lenawee County, about 75 miles southwest of Detroit. All were in their 20s.

The five were in a travel trailer, the Lenawee County Sheriff's Department says in a release. The festival at Michigan International Speedway is a three-day country music and camping event.

Deputies responded about 1:30 p.m. to a 911 call about unresponsive persons at the campground in Woodstock Township, near Brooklyn at U.S. 12 and Brooklyn Highway. 

“Three of the males were pronounced dead at the scene and two were transported by ambulance to a local hospital in critical condition and being treated for acute carbon monoxide poisoning,” the sheriff’s office reported. “This tragic incident is being investigated as a suspected carbon monoxide exposure from a generator located very near the travel trailer.”

► To support Deadline Detroit's independent journalism, please sign up for a $3 a month membership or a one-time donation.

Leave a Comment:

Photo Of The Day